Stigma and discrimination play significant roles in the development and maintenance of the HIV epidemic in South Africa. People living with HIV and AIDS experience stigma and discrimination on an ongoing basis, and the workplace is not immune to it. Inspired by a true case brought to the court in South Africa, which addressed employment-related discrimination, this video provides an overview of the law and policy framework in the country, the existing challenges and the new opportunities of effective protection through the revised Code on HIV and AIDS and Employment and the implementation guidelines adopted by the Department of Labour.
Latest from Gary Watkins
- Xmas Wishes - Workinfo.com Cartoons
- Promoting positive mental health in the workplace: ACAS UK
- Department of Labour tells a National Minimum Wage briefing that paying below the prescribed wage is illegal
- New Labour Law changes to improve collective bargaining and boost labour market stability
- Employers fail to comply with labour legislation in HBA-exposed working environments - Department of Labour