South Africa's labour minister Mildred Oliphant stunned South Africa this week when she revealed that government was considering deploying a peacekeeping force around South Africa's beleaguered mining industry.
This after over a year of violence, a massacre and unstable industrial relations.
Minister Oliphant speaks on government's plans to stabilise the sector and improve industrial relations.
Latest from Gary Watkins
- Touring the Constitutional Court of South Africa with Justice Albie Sachs
- Assign Services (Pty) Limited v National Union of Metal Workers of South Africa
- New Year - Workinfo.com Cartoons
- Department of Labour resumes national worker briefing sessions on introduction of NMW and amendments to the BCEA and LRA
- Labour Laws Amendment Bill B 29—2017