Developing a Human Resources Strategic Plan
The strategic aim for Human Resources is to integrate human resources management plans, strategies and systems to achieve the overall mission, strategies and success of the company, whilst meeting the needs of employees and other stakeholders.
The overall purpose for this three day Strategic Human Resources Management Plan is to:
- Ensure adequate human resources to meet the strategic goals and operational plans of the organisation;
- Keep up with social, economic, legislative and technical trends that impact on human resources in your area; and
- To address issues surrounding resourcing, development, performance management, culture, benefits and rewards, employee relations and the efficiency of the Human Relations function in delivering timely cost effective services.
In this course the following will be covered:
- A Human Resources Model that deals with strategic direction, HRM Systems, workforce planning, generating the required human resources, investing in human resources development and performance, and assessing and sustaining organisational competence and performance.
The Strategic Planning Model takes into account:
- Internal and external assessments: demand and supply forecasting techniques, internal and external recruiting and estimate deficits and surpluses
- The Corporate Strategic Plan: integrate the human resources planning process with strategic organizational planning.
- Analysis of elements of HR functions: audit template of HR Management functions, self-evaluation questionnaires, workforce planning model, gap analysis template, planning the total workforce, etc.
- Formulation of HR Strategy: formulate, develop, implement and monitor a human resources plan, organize and mobilize strategic partners, and making the HR strategy integral to the organization.
- Template for the HR Strategy: strategies to address key issues: change management, performance, communications, reward strategy, diversity, learning and development, occupational health and safety, resources, budgets, etc.
- Communication and stakeholder management; drawing up a communication plan, communication channels/medium, staff feedback mechanisms, stakeholder communication toolkit, etc.
- Translation of HR Strategy into operational plan: integrate the human resources planning process with other human resources systems and processes. Integration analysis.
- Template for the HR Plan (includes monitoring and control)
Who should attend?
- HR Executives & Directors
- HR Managers & Practitioners
- Understand how primary labour legislation impacts on a business SAQA ID 13952
- Manage individual and team performance SAQA ID 11473
- Use communication techniques effectively SAQA ID 12433
- Manage a diverse work force to add value SAQA ID 252043
- Build teams to achieve goals and objectives SAQA ID 252037
Latest from Gary Watkins
- Touring the Constitutional Court of South Africa with Justice Albie Sachs
- Assign Services (Pty) Limited v National Union of Metal Workers of South Africa
- New Year - Workinfo.com Cartoons
- Department of Labour resumes national worker briefing sessions on introduction of NMW and amendments to the BCEA and LRA
- Labour Laws Amendment Bill B 29—2017